2. What information THHC collects
We limit the personal information that we collect to what is necessary for the purposes that we have identified. The types of information that we collect include:
Information you provide directly to us: You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you contact THHC through the Site, by telephone, mail or email, we may collect the following information that you provide to us, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number and other personal information required by THHC;
- Financial information, such as credit card or debit card details;
- Government-issued ID (i.e., drivers license, passport, health card, etc.); and
- Username and password.
3. How We Use the Information that We Collect
We collect information for one or more of the following purposes:
Email Communications: In response to your inquiry or request, may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested. You may opt out of receiving such email communications at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in each email. Note that if you unsubscribe from receiving newsletters and/or marketing emails, we may still email you in respect to your account, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Collection of Store Purchases: We use financial information such as credit or debit card details in order to process and collect store purchases. Note that this information is not stored on our servers.
Request Fulfillment: We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your inquiries, or requests for services and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your requests or inquiries, or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
Statistical Analysis: In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs.
Enforcement: We may use the information that we collect to meet legal and regulatory requirements, to guard against or report illegal activities, to enforce the Site’s Terms and Conditions, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
4. Information Sharing
thhc.ca guards our privacy and that of our membership and clients. We may share information about our subscribers only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
- We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, research, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, such as posting comments, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to court orders, search warrants, judicial proceedings, subpoenas, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
5. Your Choices
We are committed to offering you meaningful privacy choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. This includes the opportunity to:
Cookies and Other Technologies: Some information is collected about you automatically through cookies and other technologies to customize your online experience. If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
You can opt out of the use of your information for targeting purposes, such as, changing your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made.
We will make available to you any of your personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed upon request. To inquire about or to correct any personal information we maintain about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You can challenge the accuracy of the information and request amendments as appropriate by contacting us at: email@example.com
8. Confidentiality and Security
We have privacy and security practices in place to safeguard your personal information. We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and as permitted or required by law. We also limit access to information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Moreover, we have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect your personal information from loss or theft and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
10. Addressing Your Concerns